Destination: Fairbanks, Alaska USA
Trip Length: ~4 days
Vacation Days Used: 8 hours
Total Cost: $1067.80
- $569.20 - Round trip flight from LAX to FAI
- $39.60 - 4 days of parking at LAX
- $100 - Car rental in Fairbanks, with the under 25 fee :(
- $60 - 2 nights at 9th Ave Hostel
- $30 - Tried to save on food by packing food: Instant noodles, nuts, and energy bars.
- $269 - Arctic Circle/Aurora Tour
The day I’ve been waiting for was finally here, I was going to Alaska to chase the northern lights. I took Friday off work and left work a bit earlier on Thursday afternoon to drive out to LAX for my flight at 7:45pm. I had chosen a flight at night for two reasons: 1 so I didn’t have to take an additional vacation day just for travel and 2. So in case the northern lights were out that I might catch them from the flight. I also booked a seat on the right side of the plane which would be facing north west, increasing my chances of seeing the aurora from the flight.