I’ve always felt a bit of friction between how much I enjoy being a homebody and how much I wanted to go out and explore the world for myself instead of just consume it through reddit. During a rocky year in my life, I finally decided to feed my explorer side and started to travel.
The more I traveled the more I realized that my motivations to travel were rooted in pushing my limits, self discovery and personal growth. Now I’m trying to figure out the best way to feed my two polar opposite halves: the homebody and the explorer.
Originally I wanted to start this as a travel blog but that quickly started to feel restricting because I wanted to write about so much more. So I’m writing this mostly for myself because I know that maintaining this will be a great way to journal my experiences, travels and personal growth and keep me accountable to my goals.
- I was a full time software engineer.
- I’m love playing long drawn out board games. (current favorite is 1846, a ~4-5hour game based around railroad stock/companies)
- I enjoy playing the piano.
- I want to be a wedding pianist on the side and play gigs on weekends.
- I enjoy surfing and swimming, and try to surf most mornings before work.
- Big on personal growth and pushing my limits.
- I want to go everywhere.
- I want to be comfortable anywhere in the world.
- I want to have seen every natural phenomemon and wonder I can.
- I want to experience as many different cultures as I can.
- I want to eat all the foods!
- I want to make connections and friendships with people all over the world.
- I want to see as much of this world as I can with my own eyes.